Oneplus finally released an Oxygen OS Open beta update for both OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T to bring support Project Treble on them. OnePlus said after several months of hard work, they finally able to figure out the solution for bringing them to the smartphones.
Project Treble is the latest solution from Google to expedite the process of updating Android’s OS. It also helps the developers by making their work easier to create custom for the android users.
OnePlus released beta 13 updates for the OnePlus 5 and beta 11 updates for the OnePlus 5T. Under the Project Treble, you’ll get the new user interface, accent color customization and improvements to the launcher.
Oxygen OS Open Beta Update Changelog
- A brand new user interface
- Supported accent color customization
- Feel free to customize any color you like with a color wheel
- Entry: Settings – Display – Customization
- Supported Project Treble
- After several months of evaluation and hard work, we finally found a solution to make this possible, and we are very excited to share this good news with you.
- Improved search tags in the app drawer
- Added “New installs” category tag in the app drawer
- Improved app list for hidden space and toolbox
- An optimized logic for the contacts page
- Brand new design with improved user experience
The Oxygen OS Open Beta update will be provided by over-the-air update if you’re already on beta 12 on OnePlus 5 and beta 10 on OnepPlus 5T. If you’re not updated your device, you need to flash it to get the support for Project Treble.
You can download the OnePlus Open Beta Update form their official website or from here.
Before you flash your OnePlus device, make sure you have created a backup of all your data. The flash will reset everything and erase all your data. Also, please keep in mind that this is a beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as the official OTAs generally are. So you may find bugs in it.
Source – OnePlus Blog