After a successful launch of Mi Pay in China, Xiaomi has finally introduced its new payment interface in India but as now company plans to open the application to beta users only. This is done so that the application can become more stable and all existing bugs can be fixed by the time it reaches to all the users in India. Xiaomi’s Mi Pay will allow you to make payments through UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card and even an option of Internet Banking is provided to the users. With Mi Pay you will also be able to make payments for several utility bills such as phone bill/recharge, DTH recharge, water bill, electricity bill.
Currently, there are already many e-payment solutions available in the market such as BHIM, Google Pay, PhonePe, Paytm and many more. And it will be interesting to see how this payment application from Xiaomi performs when it becomes available publicly. The Mi-Pay application has got approval by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to be used by a “large group” due to which the beta registrations have already begun. Also, Xiaomi assures users that all data created for use with Mi Pay is stored encrypted within an Indian based cloud infrastructure.
Mi Pay’s will be integrated seamlessly into MiUi environment like contacts, SMS, scanner applications etc.
Key Features: Mi Pay
- Unlike Google Pay that only allows making a payment through UPI, you can also make payments through Debit/Credit cards with ease.
- Just like other UPI based Applications, you can also check your bank balance.
- You can generate a QR Code to receive payments.
- Transfer money to other UPI users.
How To Apply For Beta Tester: Mi Pay
- You must be on MIUI Global Beta ROM
- Apply here
- Deadline is 31 December 2018, 11:59 pm