Xiaomi launched the new Xiaomi Redmi 6 smartphone along with the Redmi 6 Pro and Redmi 6A. The new Xiaomi Redmi 6 sports a Dual Camera setup at the rear, MediaTek Helio P22 chipset, and 5.45-inch HD+ display.
Redmi 6 comes in two RAM and Storage variants, one with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage while the other model has 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage. It also features a fingerprint sensor for additional security. The rear camera setup is of 12MP+5MP while the front one has a 5MP sensor. It is also backed by 3000mAh of battery and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo-based MIUI 9.6 which will later be upgraded to MIUI 10 via OTA.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 147.5×71.5×8.3mm | Weight: 146g
- 5.45-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) | 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB/64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1Oreo with MIUI 9.6
- Dual SIM Dedicated (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, a secondary 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, AI Enhanced, EIS
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture, AI Beautify 4.0
- Fingerprint sensor, AI Face Unlock
- Dual 4G VoLTE (dual standby), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 3000mAh battery
Pricing and Availability:
Xiaomi Redmi 6 comes in Gold, Silver, Blue and Black color variants. The 3GB/32GB model is priced at INR 7999 while the 3GB/64GB model comes at INR 9499. The smartphone is available from 10th September, 12 Noon on Mi.com and Flipkart. It’ll be later available on Mi Homes and Offline Stores. Xiaomi also introduced s first sale offers of Rs. 500 off with HDFC Cards.