The new Redmi 6A is the budget offering by Xiaomi. It features 2GB of RAM, 5.45-inch HD+ display, and 3000mAh of battery. Redmi 6 is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 chipset paired with IMG PowerVR GPU. The 6A sports a 13MP rear sensor with LED flash and a 5MP front shooter. The smartphone sports Dual 4G LTE and is backed by 3000mAh of battery and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo-based MIUI 9.6 which will soon be upgraded to MIUI 10.
Xiaomi Redmi 6A specifications:
- Dimensions: 147.5×71.5×8.3mm; Weight: 145g
- 5.45-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1000:1 Contrast ratio
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB/32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9.6 ()
- Dual SIM Card Sot (nano + nano) | Dedicated MicroSD card slot
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, EIS, AI
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
Pricing and Availability:
Redmi 6A comes in Blue, Gold, Rose Gold and Black color variant. The 2GB/16GB model is priced at INR 5999 while the 2GB/32GB model is priced at INR 6999. The first sale is on 19th September on Mi.com and Amazon.